After The Thorn/Easter Fellowship Night for Small Group Leaders
Hello Leader, we are so blessed to have you serve along side us as the small groups team here at ICC. We are expecting to see some amazing things happen during Holy Week this year. Thank you for coming a long side us and making this year’s Thorn Production and Easter Sunday extraordinary. As Pastor Bob said we have learned over the years that people will come to church for an event but they will stay in church because of a relationship and small groups exist to do just that and we are excited to see new people connect to your group after our Thorn Production and Easter Sunday.
We have created a list of ideas and talking points that you can use at your small group during your fellowship night. However, you do not need to follow this format.
**These are simply just ideas.**
Agenda: 90 Minutes
- 45 Minutes – Casual Fellowship
- 10 Minutes – Ice Breaker
- 35 Minutes – Discussion and Prayer
- Ideas for food to eat, feel free to get creative on your own.
- Chips and Salsa
- Hot Dogs
**Ask small group members to help bring different items.**
- Ideas for things to talk about:
- Things to consider:
- Pray for the food.
- Warmly welcome everyone to your group.
- Have Name Tags.
- Make a point to talk to everyone in your group.
- Pits and Peaks: How this works, everyone goes around and shares the pit (worst thing that happened) that week in 1 minute. Then we go around again and share their peak (best thing that happened) in 1 minute the last week.
- Embarrassing Story Time: Everyone goes around in the circle and shares an embarrassing story from their life.
Discussion and Prayer:
- Talking points and questions:
- What was your favorite part of “The Thorn”?
- What character do you relate to most in the story?
- Was there anything in the production that shocked you or caught your attention?
- Did anyone invite Jesus to be in their hearts? If so, celebrate it!
- Next Steps for them to take:
- Commit to go to church on Sunday.
- Come to this Small Group next week.
- Go to the Growth Track and start your journey as a new Christian.
- Pray a general prayer of thanks to God for all He has done for us and for everyone who is beginning this new journey with Jesus.
- Go around in a circle and ask for prayer needs.
Thanks so much for joining us during this special time of the year. God Bless You!